Friday, October 27, 2006

Waiting for interview makes me nervous!

Like many other applicants who have submitted application for round one, I am checking my email more than once every hour if I can. Wharton's student 2 student admission blog has a lot of people similar with me, so anxious about invitation of interview. We cannot help to stop check email. Gosh, when can this be over?

I have submitted application for Columbia Early Decision and under review since October 19th. I know it will take at least two weeks to hear something back. But yesterday, when I saw many people in Business week Forum and mentioned that they are already admitted since they submitted earlier than me, I just feel so jealous. But I intended to submit late, because I also apply some other schools like MIT, Wharton and Kellogg, If I hear from Columbia too early, I have to pay $5000 in two weeks to secure the seats. It is not a lot of money, but it is a lot of to me. So I intended to submit two days before the deadline. I wish I can earn sometime if Wharton or MIT are interested in me. Anyway, have to be patient. I keep praying God that I can see an "invitation" in my email box next time I click the refresh button. Am I crazy? Yes, I am.

This morning, the lady from Mckinsey called me back and scheduled an interview near her home on 11/22 morning. I previously thought male interviewer might be better for me, but it turns out I have two female interviewer already by now and it is not too bad at all. She sounds a laid back down to earth people. I should just be myself and talk slow and make myself clear. She asked for the detail version of resume, which I prefer, because so she can know me better before ask me more specific questions. I want to give her a good impression on what I have achieved so far. Anyway, I am busy on the way now. But still cannot wait to see invitation from Columbia and Wharton.

I didn't think I am not that good to apply Wharton and Columbia. Since Wharton is just 20 minutes from home, and Columbia is only one and half hour away, they are kind of convenient for me. My husband kept encouraging me that I know you will get admission from one of them. He kept saying the same thing, which made me start to have some confident myself. But now I didn't hear anything back, kind of disappointed. Maybe need wait for more time??

Although Tepper is not good as Columbia and Wharton, I think it is still good for me since its job placement is very good in wall street. I might want to work in Wall street to earn some money to pay back all the debt I have now. I am burdened with all the debt. Is everyone else same?

Anyway, I got a busy work to do during the weekend. But i need prepare my interview. I kept myself busy like an ant on a hot pot. My boss never leave me relaxed. I will drive to Pistburgh for 5 hours on Sunday and back on Monday night, and he wants me to work on tonight and Saturday. I have to, but it is good, so I can save one day vacation for future use. Hi, never get rest though. My friend from Charity emailed me that a lot of stress is not good for my age. I do not want so much stress, but it is out of my control. I just have too many responsibility, my work, my charity organization, my family, my in-laws living with me and also a two years old little boy, as well as two house and 6 tenants. Sometimes, I just want to forget everything about all of these and diving in the ocean or swimming pool, sitting under sunshine of beach. I wish I can get over soon this application processes.

I know I am nervous, so I am writing here to release myself a little.

No comments: