Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Game just begins and a long journey is behind...

After visiting many schools by now, I had a feeling that except Top 7 schools" Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago, Kellogg, Columbia", all the other schools on top 20 list no matter BW or US News are very similar. Really!! I heard that last year, a Chinese student received full scholarship covering tuition from CMU, but he refused and entered Cornell. I really think it was a little ..... from what I see, although the ranking is slightly different, the job placements, locations, reputations, class sizes ...overall, it won't make too much difference. A full tuition scholarship is something plus....i would go to either of them if I got full tuition except Top 7 schools. But this is only my opinion.

WOW, a long wait after interviews. Cornell's R2 result will be out next Monday, CMU will be out on 12/22, and Yale's maybe will be out before Christmas. I wish I could hear some acceptance from either one of it. Top 7 are really TOP...very difficult unless you have obvious significant profiles and age fall within 80% range. for the person like me 34, with similar background of 28 since I started career late in US, I think the hope to top 7 is very small. Now I have tried my best and I think I am satisfied myself for this processing. Although Wharton's EMBA said they would consider my application, still I did not put too much hope though.

oh, one thing to mentioned that I got NYU Stern's EMBA acceptance in 2 days including interview and application submission. I did appreciated NYU's work efficiency. The lady who interviewed me has the same birthday with me. She said " is it a good sign" . Then I knew I was in. But they require $5000 deposit, Wharton EMBA refused to give me early decision since they knew I was refused by the full time program. It does influenced if you apply two programs at the same time. This is an advice only. I am not sure if I will submit that 5000. But I consider full time and EMBA also, as well as MIT's one year Fellows MBA program.

A decision making is difficult too...but I will think about that after the waiting game is finished next year in April. I am not sure if I can submit the deposit to some school and tell them I will not go later? I guess I just lose some money then...

I start to consider whether I should try some schools in Round 2.......I felt exhausted with full time job and a 2 years old at home by these interview, visiting and waiting process...Over 34 yearls is the other challenge to a women, which is the reason that it is easier to get in EMBA than regular MBA because of the small number of woman at this age still try so hard....I cannot complain since I choose this path. But game just begin....a long journey is behind...

1 comment:

Hobbes said...

Hey congrats on ur Stern EMBA admit! Thats a gr8 school and NYC is one of the best places to live in! :)