Friday, February 09, 2007

A decision of Withdrawal from Kellogg and Chicago

After a long talk and thinking, I decided to cancel the trip to Chicago for on-campus interview and visiting Kellogg for my waitlist. The reason is simple. I do not want to take any risk to break my family due to long distance issue. At the same time of pursing my own dream, I will also need consider the family members and compromise at certain level. Without family's support, I cannot be here today.

By the way, top school is just an entrance for a new future. Future still depends on individual's efforts. I will have no regret to withdraw my possible chance from Kellogg and Chicago GSB if I can keep family a complete peace. For me, Yale might be good enough to lead me to that door for my situation (3.5 hours driving is not too bad). Still a lot of hard work is behind, but I will be happy to go there and begin my MBA journey if I do not hear anything from MIT and Wharton.

After cancel the trip, I felt much released. Now I know less choices are better.

4 comments:

JatWarrior said...

That sure was a tough decision, huh. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

the being said...

it must have been tough to give up after getting an interview invite...
wish u good luck!

Achilles said...

it must have been a tough decision, but its good that u have atleast decided on something and all the confusions have gone.
All The Best

WasabiPeas said...

I believe family ALWAYS comes first. :)