Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Heard something from MIT

The other day of nervous waiting for invitation from Wharton. I installed Yahoo messenger on my office PC to track the new emails. I prayed for a few times.

I received an email from MIT's one year MBA admission officer that he said he found an interest in my resume and wanted to talk to me. I met him when I visited the campus and talked a little about my full time application and interest in one year also. I didn't submit my application to one year MBA yet, but I just gave him my detailed resume. I feel excited to hear from him after one week of visiting. At least, he found interest in my resume, which is a good sign. He called me and we scheduled a phone on Friday. I guessed he would evaluate my interest in one year program. For the engineer like me, MIT's name is an legacy. So MIT is my top choice too. I also received an email from MIT full time admission that they start to process the application now and the invitation will start from early December. Although they do not want you to apply two programs, but since by the time I apply one year program, the result of Round 1 for full time is already known. He said it is ok as long as no conflict. But when I checked the tuition, oh my God, the one year tuition is more expensive than two years'. WOW, so expensive. I need figure out if I can get loan for one year program.

The one year program average age is 37, maybe that suit me better. But remember, they do not have career service. You have to find job yourself. But I think with MIT's MBA degree, it should be no much problem to find a good job on my own. I will do more research on this. I didn't see the ranks of MIT's fellowship program since it is new, starting from 2004. But i wish can hear something more about this program.

I started to think about which schools I should apply for second round. As I have applied 9 in first round, I consider half of them are dinged already. I might should consider apply some more Top 10s in second round. I hate this result as it is so time consuming. Please, I rather hear something sooner to end this whole hectic process than waiting and less sleeping. I was so exhausted and stressed. Last night, I could not hold any more and slept from 8PM to this morning 8AM. I was so tired about full time job, full time MBA application, and leading my charity, entertain my in laws and sons. SO so so tired...a good sleep though. I feel more fresh today and resume my confidence to waiting for invitations.

I keep telling myself that No invitation cannot let me down as it is a human processing. I believe it is fair, but there are many factors inside, such as a reader's mood, a reader's preference, and so on. So for those who are still waiting, do not feel down if you do not hear from Wharton. The courage you have to apply Wharton is good enough for you to succeed without Wharton's MBA. Of cause, Wharton's MBA can boost your success, but many people can succeed without it. Thinking this way might make you feel better. At least, I always find way to make me feel better since I have tried my best.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nutty that you want to choose a program for its name...are you sure you are doing the program because you want to or...is it to try and impress your peers. Grow up!

Anonymous said...

A program with good name and good quality is not a conflict things. MIT definately has a good name and good quality. It is a legacy for many engineers, which is true also. Why many people pursue Top B Schools? Why H/W/S? A good name is one of reason.

Katrina said...

Hey, great to find another Chinese MBA blogger here~ I think it's not easy for a woman your age to decide to puruse MBA and i don't know how u managed to apply 9 schools in first Round! That's something really impressive. Good luck!

camojack said...

You might want to re-think allowing anonymous comments...

atypical HBS said...

camojack, everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Glad to hear you are hearing back from most of your favorite schools.

Sana said...

Your article is large.
You can also get several affine increase on MBAs.in which is set up in 2010 to come the assemblage spatiality in the direction pedagogy and deed alter.
They structure finished the rumors and reprehensible advice virtually MBA that's rife on the Theyb, so you can create outbuilding, perspicacious decisions for your commandment and sector. Devoted aggroup of MBAs.in covers performance, views and developments from campuses crossways all over Quality. As an updated and visible MBA vena, MBAs.in is an first media for instruction Aspirants, Students, Noesis and Executives.
If you poorness to rumination communicator virtually MBA and MBAs or assets your expertise, this is the unexceeded component for you.
MBAs.in